- Facebook only shows your posts to 7% of your friends. To get more people seeing your posts we suggest actively working on getting more interaction (likes and comments) on your profile as this will affect the selling posts you put in your group and who they reach. Do this by posting at least 3 from this list per day;
- Inspirational quotes
- Funny pictures / videos
- Family related
- Business related
Please note: Keeping everything on your social media positive will attract more interaction, gain you a higher level of respect and never offend. Always just resolve to “nice”. If you get any negative comments just block, delete and repost…
Don’t ever start an argument or try to re-educate.
- Know your audience and tailor posts to them so that they will find them interesting. For example if you area mum and have lots of other mum friends on facebook post about child saying something funny / products that are especially good forchildren. If you’re a young party animal with similar friends look for on trend products that have media coverage.
- Let your personality shine! Funny/cheeky wording will get more people reading, liking and buying. Always try and put asmiley face at the end of your blurb ?
- Building a relationship with your customers is so important to build the rapport and lasting relationship. Always respond if they send you a message. Be happy to help them. If they comment about going away on holiday or there animal ask them about their holiday/animal when delivering the product etc. Chat and make small talk!
- Work the right numbers! 3 products per day into your own group. 2 posts into external groups. Be consistent to the system. Don’t post too much into your own group as then people will get fed up of too many notifications and may turn them off or leave the group.
- Break up your work. Don’t do all your posting at once. No more tahn 15 groups at a time so as not to appear to be a spam or virus.
- Timing is everything; Posting in a morning will catch profesionals commuting, during the day will get the unemployed and stay at home parents, on the evening will get most amount of people looking.
- Although we are proud to work with the 93 year old Kleeneze brand; the lobgest running UK based business that has been in profit for every single year it’s been going, the 1st Network marketing company in the UK that provides amazing incomes and free cars, holiday incentives for all its distributors and donates large sums to the Macmillan Charity… we don’t advocate advertising the Kleeneze brand online as people prejudge. Don’t advertise the product codes, get clear pictures and remember people want to buy from you the person not the company.
- The customer can pay £3.95 and have their products delivered to them at home IF their order total is under £50 and less than 10 products. If the customers order is over £50 the company will deliver for free.
- You can distribute the products out to local people for free. or if they live a few miles away you might charge them £1/£2 delivery. These orders would be grouped together in a batch of at least £50 for a less than 11 items drop ship or a normal £150 order to get free delivery to you.
CALL YOUR UPLINE BEFORE PLACING YOUR 1ST ORDER!
IDEALLY THEY SHOULD EITHER SIT THERE WITH YOU TO HELP YOU PLACE IT OR AT LEAST BE ON THE PHONE TALKING YOU THROUGH IT STEP BY STEP.
- When people buy from facebook groups, they are generally aware and happy to collect their goods. it is also a possibility to meet at a central location and have several people meet you at one place to pick up their orders.
- Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer if you are happy to give details or PayPal. There are also lesser known apps to make payments such as Pingit however most people will opt for PayPal. You can set up a free PayPal account by going to: https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/mpp/merchant
- When a customer opts to pay via PayPal just simply send them the email address you have linked to your PayPal account and ask them to choose to pay a “friend or relative” so there are no charges for you or the customer for the transaction.
- It is not advised to accept cheques, especially off brand new customers.